My uncle often used to say:
“There are no absolutes.”
At the time I never corrected him, however he no longer says it. The problem with the statement is obvious. I could have asked him “Is what you say absolutely true?” I.e. Is his statement an absolute? Because if it is…
Here I just want to collect some other like statements.
1) “There is no such thing as truth.”
2) “You can never know anything for sure.”
3) “God is unknowable.” Other variants: God is indescribable. Human language cannot describe God.
4) “Everything is illusion.”
5) “You can’t be certain of anything.”
6) “It is wrong to judge.”
~ Self-Defeating Statements by Apologetic Junkie
~ Self-Refuting Statements @ Cults.co.nz
~ Self-Stultifying Arguments (Unfinished) @ Glenn Miller’s Christian Thinktank